Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekly Discussion: If you could meet any author...

In past weeks, I have come to the conclusion that Patricia Briggs is my favourite author. My #1. I've never been able to say that I had one specific favourite author before, but her Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega series have yet to disappoint, so it was an easy choice.

While there are so many authors that I would love to meet, if I had to choose ONE, it would be Patty. So imagine my excitement when I come to learn that she will be in Riverwood, MN on March 4th...which is only 9 hours away from where I live! I know many of you are thinking that 9 hours is a LONG ways away. But I grew up in a small town 9 hours north of where I currently live, and make the drive a few times every year. So 9 hours to Minnesota isn't such a big deal for me.

Or, it wouldn't be, if only I had my passport. So, sadly, I must live with knowing that Patricia Briggs will be only hours away on March 4th, and I will be sitting on my couch, hugging an unsigned copy of River Marked to my chest, in sorrow.

Depressing...isn't it?

So, after all of that is said and done, here's me question to you. If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?

1 comment:

Mom2boys said...

Stephanie Meyer. Because I flippin love Twilight, AND I saw her on Ellen and she was so funny. Sounds like someone I could get along with, haha.